Sunday, September 24, 2017

Nate emailed Peter and me on Saturday, September 23, 2017.  He made comments on things we had told him, or answered questions we had asked him.  I will preface each of his comments and answers below with a brief explanation (in italics) to provide some context.

Peter told Nate that his dad had a heart attack last week but is recovering well.
Nate:  Thanks for telling me. I hate hearing it, but I need to know. 

Peter said that learning a new language is hard, but that the gift of tongues is real and that Heavenly Father will help.
Nate:  i certainly hope so. 

Peter reminded Nate that he can avoid lots of contagious illnesses by being careful not to touch his face unless he knows his hands are clean.
Nate:  thanks for the tip, I'll try to do better 

Nate had asked me to water his bonsai tree while he is gone, and I had asked him how much water to give it, and if he used the little cup sitting next to it.
Nate:  I did water it with the cup, but It needs 2-3 of them once a week or just till the water gets to the surface level of the plant.  

I sent Nate a package last week.
Nate:  Thanks for all the stuff you sent. I was very excited. 

A friend had told me missionaries at the MTC could read their emails every day, but weren't allowed to write back except on their P-days.  I asked Nate if this were true.
Nate:  You can read emails whenever if you have an Ipad, but I don't, so no, I can't.

I asked Nate how his Spanish study was going.
Nate:  The language is fine.  It's not easy, but I'm learning.
  

I asked Nate where his companion, Elder Gibby, is from.
Nate: He is from the Layton area. 

I asked Nate how the MTC food is.
Nate:  The food is okay, but I don't always want to eat it.  Sickness goes around with everything because of the close quarters, and lots of people do get sick from food.  During prayers at the devotionals you can hear coughing the whole time all from different people. 

I asked Nate if he had heard about the big earthquake in Mexico last week.
Nate:  Nope, I don't hear anything here. only things they want us to know.  kinda like a utopian empire. 

There you have it!  I will try not to ask Nate so many questions next week, and maybe that will free him up to write whatever he really wants to!

No comments:

Post a Comment